The FB Chain Wear Gauge Standard (acrylic version) has been primarily designed for the measurement of leaf chain or forklift leaf chain wear. We have also produced a premium version made of steel for more demanding environments.
It can also be used to accurately measure all leaf chains and roller chains with an imperial pitch ranging from 3/8″ to 3″.
When conducting leaf chain inspections it is recommended to observe the requirements of:
- The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998
- The Provision & Safe Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998
- The FLTA Technical Bulletin 02
- The BITA Guidance Notes GN15 and GN28
- Competent persons carrying out safety inspections should also meet the requirements of BS EN45004:1995.
The following features are considered absolutely necessary for the correct measurement of leaf chain:
- The ‘how much worn’ chain gauge must be accurate
- Results must be consistent and repeatable
- The results must be clear and not require calculation
- The chain wear gauge should be easy to use
- Measurement results should be easily demonstrated to end users
- The instrument must be robust and professional