The FB Chain Wear Gauge Premium (steel version) has been primarily designed for the measurement of leaf chain or forklift leaf chain wear. The steel version has been manufactured to withstand more demanding environments than our standard plastic version.
It can also be used to accurately measure all leaf chain and roller chain with an imperial pitch ranging from 3/8″ to 3″.
When conducting leaf chain inspections it is recommended to observe the requirements of:
- The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998
- The Provision & Safe Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998
- The FLTA Technical Bulletin 02
- The BITA Guidance Notes GN15 and GN28
- Competent persons carrying out safety inspections should also meet the requirements of BS EN45004:1995.
The following features are considered absolutely necessary for the correct measurement of leaf chain:
- The ‘how much worn’ chain gauge must be accurate
- Results must be consistent and repeatable
- The results must be clear and not require calculation
- The chain wear gauge should be easy to use
- Measurement results should be easily demonstrated to end users
- The instrument must be robust and professional